Quaterly Section Meeting Minutes
National Association of Corrosion Engineers
Port Harcourt Section
July 23, 2016
Gibsco Hotel , Rumoumasi
Participating in all or part of the meeting were: Sylvanus Okata, Obani Chika David, Okoye, Steve Adelowo, Odinde, Pascal Chidike, Opekere Ibanichuka, Jonas Ajoku, Okoro Cyprian, Ikedi Uche, Samuel Ojo, Aloko Dare, Otobo Davies, Engr. Obi Eseonu, Awolope Winifred, Ohia Chibueze, Amaechi, Kelechi; Ezeifedi, Humphrey; Okusenogu, A Chris; Ohale, Simonpeter Tochukwu; Ohale, Clementina Tochukwu; Essien, Edidiong
Uzoh Blaise Nnamdi; Inoma Nwando Maureen; Okafor, Franklin; Dr. Kingsley Oparaodu; Arua Dike; Okoro, Kingsley; Anagbogu, K Johnpaul; Uzoh Nnamdi; Ofoedu Andrew; Dunsin Ezekiel; Iwuchukwu, Joel Promise; Uche Emmanuel; Okoronkwo James; Umagba Samson E; Okene Nelson Chindah; Okuefena George; Anucha Iheanyi; Ibrahim Aliyu; Linus Ndukwe; Nnozuba, Somtochukwu
Others participating online: Chris Amaechi, Okoye, Daniel Chinedu
- Opening Prayer
- Chairman’s Opening remark
- Review of the previous MOM, motion for adoption and secondment
- Matters arising from the minutes
- Technical Presentations
- Report from the Executive Committee (Way Forward)
- Membership Drive
- Closing and Networking
Major Points Discussed
- The meeting was held to assess the section’s performance for the last quarter. It was presided by the section’s trustee Sylvanus Okata.
Last MOM was read by the secretary. It was adopted by Okafor, Franklin and seconded by Awa Dike
- Matters arising
A. Technical workshop/Conference: The workshop should be organized in collaboration with the MCI discipline of SPDC for the first quarter of 2017
B. Renaming of the organisation: The name of the section would be NACE International PHC.
- A well-articulated technical presentation was delivered by Aloko, Dare to the admiration of all present with question and answer session. See the presentations page for download.
A. The CAC certificate would be ready and shown the by the next quarterly meeting
B. Basic Corrosion course should be added to the curriculum.
- Next meeting will hold on Saturday, 19th November, 2016.
- Obanichuka Opekere and Nwando Inoma adjournment and seconded.
- Meeting ended with closing prayer said by Jonas Ajoku.
- There was light refreshment and networking by members.