Quaterly Section Meeting Minutes
National Association of Corrosion Engineers
Port Harcourt Section
April 23, 2016
Gibsco Hotel , Rumoumasi
Participating in all or part of the meeting were: Sylvanus Okata; Obani, Chika David; Okoye, Daniel Chinedu; Steve Adelowo; Odinde, Pascal Chidike; Obi Eseonu; Jonas Ajoku; Ibironke Temitope; Okene Nelson Chindah; Samuel Ojo; Chris A Okusenogu; Okafor Franklin; Ekenma Vincent; Ezeifedi Humphrey
Amaechi Kelechi; Ohale Simonpeter Tochukwu; Akpavie David; Oyerinmade Angela; Bademosi Adebayo; Ebong John Ekanem; Akpan O Inam
- Opening Prayer
- Review of the previous MOM, motion for adoption and secondment
- Matters arising from the minutes
- Technical Presentations
Major Points Discussed
- The meeting was held to assess the section’s performance for the last quarter. It was presided by the outgoing Chairman Sylvanus Okata.
Last MOM was read by outgoing Vice Chairman. It was adopted by Nelson Okene and seconded by Samuel
A. Technical workshop/Conference: The workshop was proposed for the 17th of November, 2016. But preparations seem to be behind time and schedule for the said date.
B. Proper naming of the organisation: The organization has not been properly named in time past and should be correctly named in alignment to the Parent body.
C. Elections of new officers: The section is meant to elect into office new officers for the electoral year.
- A well-articulated technical presentation was done by Ojo, Samuel to the admiration of all present with question and answer session. See the presentations page for details.
A. It was agreed that preparations would continue in earnest for the technical workshop/conference of the section. If it would not be feasible at the proposed date, then an alternative date would be proposed.
B. The correct name of the organisation was adopted and hence the organisation would be referred to as NACE International Portharcourt section.
C. The elections were held; coordinated by Bayo Bademosi, and officers were elected into the available offices (See list of newly elected officers here).
- The organization is to come up with ideas of conducting NACE certifications in-country led by Okoye, Daniel, Okata, Sylvanus and Ajoku Jonas.
- Next meeting will hold on Saturday, 23rd July, 2016
- Meeting came ended with closing prayer said by Jonas Ajoku
- There was light refreshment and networking by members