Quaterly Section Meeting Minutes
National Association of Corrosion Engineers
Port Harcourt Section
November 19, 2016
Gibsco Hotel , Rumoumasi
Participating in all or part of the meeting were: Sylvanus Okata, Obani, Chika David, Okoye, Daniel Chinedu, Steve Adelowo, Jonas Ajoku, Samuel Ojo, Ohia, Chibueze, Essien, Edidiong, Okafor, Franklin, Austin Ugboaja, Innocent Nnaekezie, Egbuchulam Nwawueze, Nwosu J.T.O, Akanni Joseph, Ndubuisi Anyanwu, Ebong Ekanem, Iwuchukwu Alex, Isodje Austine, Ezeaniekwe Martin, Ehiemere Ogenna Faith, Dunsin Ezekiel, Sokoya Babatunde, Abajuo Trust Emma, Linus Ndukwe, Kelechi Amaechi
- Opening Prayer
- Chairman’s Opening remark
- Review of the previous MOM, motion for adoption and secondment
- Matters arising from the minutes
- Technical Presentations
- Report from the Executive Committee (Way Forward)
- Closing and Networking
Major Points Discussed
- The meeting was held to assess the section’s performance for the last quarter. It was chaired by the section’s chairman Daniel Okoye.
Last MOM was read by the secretary. It was adopted by Chibueze Ohia and seconded by Edidiong Essien.
- A well-articulated technical presentation was delivered by Franklin Okafor on Corrosion Inhibitions and Joseph Akanni on the NACE organizational structure. See the presentations page for download.
A. The technical presentations should be simple enough for adequate understanding of members.
B. Awareness of NACE in Port-Harcourt section and Africa at large should be given more consideration.
C. Subsequent meeting invites would have website link (nace.org.ng) attached as well.
D. Members need to keep with time at meetings.
E.Daniel Okoye, Chris Amaechi, Samuel Ojo and Franklin Okafor would support the hall arrangements for the 2017 meetings.
F. Samuel Ojo, Austin Esoje, Joseph Akanni and Edidiong Essien would make technical presentations for the 2017 meetings.
G. The section would be open to receive voluntary contributions for her daily activities.
H. An annual financial budget for 2017 would be shared with the section’s members at the next quarterly meeting.
- Next meeting will hold on Saturday, 18th February, 2017.
- Ajoku and Nwabueze adjourned and seconded the adjournment respectively.
- Meeting ended with closing prayer said by Jonas Ajoku.
- There was light refreshment and networking by members.